The dynamic Loop Mixer designed and built by Bilfinger EMS, is a process engineering system to mix a certain number of components to one homogeneous product. The system is used in continuously operating processes.
The mixer basically consists of:
- Mixer housing with installations
- Helical displacer with dispersing tool
- The components to be mixed enter the dynamic loop-mixer through the inlet.
- Inside the mixer, the product is thoroughly mixed by mechanically guided, continuous recirculation (loop formation). The mixing and circulation energy required is provided by a variable-speed helical displacer to maintain the loop stream.
- The chosen dispersing tool ensures the efficient mixing of the product. At the same time new material will be added continuously to the circuit through the mixer inlet.
- The product mixture leaves the mixer through the discharge tubes of the centrally symmetrical collector.
- Dynamic Loop Mixers are especially suitable for the mixing of products with low to high viscosity.
Facts of Dynamic Loop Mixer
- Loop Mixer cubic capacity from 1.6 to 400 liters, graduated in standardized type series
- dmt-Mixer sizes MD50 to MD320
- Temperatures from -5°C up to 120°C
- Pressure up to 16 bar
- Product viscosity up to approx. 32,000 Pas